I wanted something festive and yet a bit lighter for my 35th birthday, so I decided to make my Heavenly Cashew Cheese Cake without the chocolate icing and use strawberries instead. I made some other small changes here and there – used peanuts instead of walnuts in the crust, and omitted the peanut butter swirl. This time is strawberry marble cheese cake.
I was also blessed with nice and sunny spring weather to enjoy this beautiful raw cake with my family!
So, lets see for this recipe, please leave me a comment bellow if you like my strawberry marble cheese cake. Please tag me in social media whenever you try one of my recipes! I’d love to see your creations! Instagram @thenutriplanet and Facebook @nutriplanet.health.hubPrint
I wanted something festive and yet a bit lighter for my 35th birthday, so I decided to make my Heavenly Cashew Cheese Cake without the chocolate icing and use strawberries instead. I made some other small changes here and there – used peanuts instead of walnuts in the crust, and omitted the peanut butter swirl.
Soak time: 6 – 8 hours
- 300 ml peanuts
- ¼ Tsp sea salt
- 10 dates
- Process peanuts and sea salt in a food processor until fine crumbs, then add the dates and process until the mixture holds together when squeezed.
- Firmly press crust into the bottom of coconut oiled pan. Set aside.
- Soak the cashews overnight and drain well.
- Combine drained cashews, water, lemon juice, agave nectar, warmed coconut oil, sea salt, vanilla, bananas and peanut butter in a food processor and blend. It makes about a litre of mixture.
- Now, to get it real smooth and creamy transfer half of the mixture into a blender and blend until real smooth and creamy. Move to a bowl.
- Put the other half into a blender and repeat.
- Add cocoa powder and carob into blender and blend until well mixed. Add a bit of water if needed.
- Using a tablespoon drop the filling alternating between the plain and chocolate.
- Make another layer with opposite colours until the filling is used up. Shake to even.
- Place in freezer until it set (6 hours).
- Decorate with strawberry halves.
- Method: Freezing
Keywords: strawberry marble cheese cake
Tips on my strawberry marble cheese cake:
- Sprinkle some cocoa powder on top.
- You can make the cake with the chocolate cream topping having a richer result.
- People who struggle with their weight and/or digestion should not eat more than just a tiny piece of.
- A person not having weight problems can eat up to 115 grams nuts a day, whereas those who do should minimize the daily intake to 25 grams.
- However, as the cake is mostly made of whole foods (with the exception of agave syrup), i.e. not refined ingredients it does not promote weight gain as “normal” refined cakes do. I usually eat 2-3 pieces once or twice a month and it does not affect me at all 🙂
Author: Nele Liivlaid (Nutriplanet)