It is the first time I tried making mayonnaise, and I can tell you I have never tasted a better one. Moreover, it is oil-free, plant-based and ridiculously easy to make!
I poured this delicious mayonnaise on black-bean tortillas and stuffed portobellos, but you can eat it with almost anything! It just gives this final silky touch to you meal.
Cashew Sour Cream Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsps. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. ground sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp. crushed mustard seeds or mustard powder
- ¼ tsp. Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- juice from half a lemon (2 tbsps.)
- You might want to soak the cashews for a few hours, but it is not absolutely necessary. Drain and rinse.
- Throw all ingredients in a blender and blend until the mixture gets smooth and creamy with no chunks. It takes a few minutes.
Nutritional info per 1/5 of the recipe: 161 kcal, 8g carbohydrates (20% of kcal), 11.8g fats (66% of kcal), 6.6g protein (16.4% of kcal), 1.8g fibre, 117mg sodium.
*If you’d like a thicker consistency, add cashews.
*Store any leftovers in a fridge (up to 3 days).