Hey, I finally have a blondie recipe for you! Furthermore, it’s gluten free vegan blondies with chocolate chips that I’m going to introduce you to.
Don’t forget there’s tutorial video further down!
My sweet potato brownies were a huge success, so I hope the same destiny to this comforting vegan dessert or snack. All the odds are there as my almost 8-year-old declared those gluten free vegan blondies the best cake I’d ever made. Well, to be honest, almost all the new recipes I make turn out to be the best ever to him. Hence, I’m sure your non-vegan and vegan friends would be over the moon if you showed up on their doorstep with those blondies.
Yet again I couldn’t help but make this recipe a healthy one. Blame me if you want! That is to say, I don’t use any butter or even coconut oil in this great recipe. Instead, the moistness comes from steamed summer squash (yes!) and the heartiness from coconut/almond flour and some dark chocolate chips. I even decided not to use any nut butter this time (not even almond butter or peanut butter) to keep the recipe’s fat content on the lower side.
Moving forward, I wanted to try out summer squash in this vegan blondie recipe because its glycemic load is three times lower than the load of sweet potato and two times lower than pumpkin’s for example. So, it’s a win-win for those looking to keep their blood sugar stable.
In a nutshell, you need to try my gluten free vegan blondies because they are so delicious and simple as well as quick to make. Really, the batter only takes about 15 minutes to whip up and then it’s down to waiting for them to bake and cool. No effort besides patience involved there!
Furthermore, besides being a guilt-free treat, the recipe takes into account almost all dietary restrictions:
- gluten free,
- refined sugar free,
- dairy free,
- oil free,
- low fat,
- Candida diet friendly.
The only thing you need to watch out for is avenin in oats (should you be intolerant to it). In which case you can sub the oat flour with any gluten free alternative. The same goes for oat milk – go for rice milk or any preferred nut milk instead.
Now, I’m sure you’ll make this recipe (at least I hope so), whether as it is or with your own modifications. So, please-please let me know how you liked it in the comments’ section and tag me in social media if you decide to post photos of your blondies!
Gluten Free Vegan Blondies Recipe
- 200g (7oz) summer squash
- 150g (5.3oz) unsweetened oat milk
- 4 tbsps. birch xylitol
- First, cut the summer squash into cubes and steam until soft (about 5-6 minutes).
- Next, in a big bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips).
- Then, in a blender or beaker process the wet ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated or use food processor.
- Finally, mix in the chocolate chips, transfer the batter into a mould lined with parchment paper and bake at 175°C (350°F) for 20-22 minutes until golden.
Sauces that go well with my gluten free vegan blondies:
Nutritional info (1/8): 131 kcal, 22.4g carbohydrates (68.1% of kcal), 3.84g fats (26.3% of kcal), 5.39g protein (16.4% of kcal), 5.29g fibre, and 11.3 GL points.
Tips on my vegan gluten free blondies recipe:
- You can use any plant milk instead of oat milk. Should you go for unsweetened, but naturally NOT sweet milk, add a bit more of xylitol.
- Should you not be on Candida diet, choose any sweetener you like: raw cane sugar, coconut sugar or nectar, date paste, or agave syrup.
- Almond flour or protein powder can be substituted for any other light coloured nut flour.
- Lucuma powder or yakon powder is a good substitute for mesquite flour, if you can’t get your hands on it.
- There really isn’t a perfect replacement for baobab as far as the flavour is concerned, as it’s kind of sour sweet. However, if you can’t get it, add the same amount of oat, coconut or almond flour to the dry ingredients.
- Instead of dark chocolate chips you can also go for white chocolate – whatever you prefer.
Disclaimer: this blog post contains links to products that meet my requirements.