I have made many versions of these healthy cookies, but feel that this one is just right for Valentine’s day 🙂 This is a no sugar, no oil, no wheat holiday treat (or why not for every day) you can surprise your loved ones with.
Please let me know in the comments below whether you’re a fan of healthy cookies for Valentine’s day. Please tag me in social media whenever you try one of my recipes! I’d love to see your creations! Instagram @thenutriplanet and Facebook @nutriplanet.health.hubPrint
I have made many versions of these healthy cookies, but feel that this one is just right for Valentine’s day 🙂
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 6 medjool dates
- ½ cup (50 g) walnuts
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Soak the dates in the 1 cup of water for at least 30 minutes to make them softer. If your dates are of soft side you can diminish the soaking time. Mine were quite dry.
- Soak the walnuts separately – the longer the better, 4 hours would be ideal, but 30 minutes is better than nothing 🙂 Discard the soak water. Rinse well.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients (oat flour, buckwheat flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, goji berries, poppy seeds, coconut) in a large bowl and mix with a fork.
- Combine the dates and their soak water and the soaked walnuts with the lemon juice and banana in a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth (2-2 ½ minutes). Add to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix.
- Using a one-tablespoon measure, place a scoop of cookie dough on your baking sheet lined with parchment paper. If necessary form a nice shape using a fork.
- Heat oven to 175 C (350 F). Bake for 15-18 minutes on the middle rack, until cookies are lightly browned on top. Remove from oven and let cool.
If you do not have oat flour, you can just measure 1 cup (115 g) of oats and grind them into flour.
If you do not have raw buckwheat flour you can substitute with 1 cup (115 g) of oat flour.
Prefer organic oats as the result is much better.
If you use tartrate baking powder (like I did) add 10 g to the dry ingredients.
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 2 cookies
- Calories: 163.8 kcal
- Fat: 3.92 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.08 g
- Fiber: 3.98 g
- Protein: 5.1 g
Keywords: healthy cookies
Text and photos by Nele Liivlaid (Nutriplanet)