This really is a cake you can enjoy without any guilt as it is made of healthy whole food ingredients only. I deserve pumpkin pie for everyday enjoyment!
I think it is already a few years my family has been enjoying this recipe – this is one of the reasons we so look forward to the pumpkin season 🙂
Here are the step to make this cake under the recipe – as usual I have made my own modifications here and there.
Photos by: Nele Liivlaid
This cake made for 24 or 26 cm round cake. It cooks only for 30 minutes at 190 degrees (375 F). It is done when you see light browning and some cracks on the top.
Finally, please let me know in the comments below if you have any questions about my pumpkin pie. Please tag me in social media whenever you try one of my recipes! I’d love to see your creations! Instagram @thenutriplanet and Facebook @nutriplanet.health.hubPrint
This really is a cake you can enjoy without any guilt as it is made of healthy whole food ingredients only.
Soak time: 4 hours
- 15 dates
- 315 ml water
- 1 ripe banana
- a handful of walnuts
- Ideally soak the walnuts for 4 hours. Rinse and drain. The soak water will be brown.
- Place the dates into a blender with water and soak for at least 15 minutes.
- Add the banana and walnuts to the dates and the soak water. Blend until smooth.
- Pour this into the bowl of dry ingredients, and also add the pumpkin, and mix well with a spoon.
- Line a 24 or 26 cm round baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cook for 30 minutes at 190 degrees (375 F). It is done when you see light browning and some cracks on the top.
- Let cool before slicing and serving.
- Method: Baking
Keywords: Pumpkin Pie, Vegan Cake
Tips on my light and lean pumpkin pie:
- Serve with homemade banana-berry ice-cream – just throw frozen banana and berries of your choice into a blender and blend until creamy. You can also use a banana at room temperature and frozen berries – you’ll just get a softer ice-cream. Or just make berry sauce to pour over a slice. Many possibilities!
- I make it with 10 dates only – enough sweetness for our family 🙂 Experiment!
For more festive cake cover it with the chocolate topping I posted in Heavenly Cashew Cheese Cake recipe. Let cool in the fridge for an hour at least.
Text and photos by Nele Liivlaid (Nutriplanet)