Do you want to avoid bloating, acid, reflux, cramping, constipation and other digestion problems? Find out 3 yoga poses for healthy and that will give you relief.
If you want to avoid bloating, acid reflux, cramping, constipation and other digestion problems, you need to perform yoga on a regular basis. Yoga not only helps in curing back pain, reducing stress, improving physical and mental strength but it also helps in enhancing digestive function. Whether it’s the stomach, esophagus, pharynx, small intestine or large intestine, all get worked upon by yoga poses. Almost all yoga poses help in improving blood circulation and removing toxins from the body. Through yoga, you can effectively digest the essential proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins and other minerals and live actively. Yoga is a wonderful way to prevent gastrointestinal problems.
How Do Yoga Exercises Help in Enhancing the Digestive System?
Most yoga exercises involve rhythmic breathing (a technique that involves certain natural rhythms of the breath). This technique helps in removing toxic materials that get accumulated because of stress or tension, a poor diet, and unhealthy living in general. Breathing exercises help to calm the mind and to improve emotional, physical and mental health. Yoga poses also improve body balance and longevity that rejuvenates the entire digestive system. So, by performing yoga exercises, your body is able to perform with greater efficiency and less resistance.
VeganZyme is an advanced, full-spectrum blend of powerful enzymes that support digestion, boost the immune system, and encourage functional balance throughout the entire body. With VeganZyme, digesting your food is easier and gentler on your body.
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links. As a Global Healing affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases. For every purchase made from the links in this post, you’ll be able to support my work. So you can look after your health, and contribute to my mission at the same time. Thank you!
3 Yoga Poses for Improving the Digestive System
- The Triangle Pose (Trikonasana) – The Triangle pose is one of the best yoga exercises for stimulating appetite and minimizing constipation problems.
- bend your knees and place your right foot at 90 degrees.
- place your legs a foot apart.
- breathe and place your right hand on the right leg.
- raise your left arm and look in the upward direction.
- maintain this pose for 4-6 breaths and then perform in the opposite side.
The three variations of triangle pose include baddha trikonasana, parivitta trikonasana, and utthita trikonasana. Through any of these three variations, you can improve your abdominal organs and thereby improve your digestive system.
- Boat Pose (Navasana) –If you want to make your body fit and active, you need to perform this exercise. With this yoga asana, you can burn additional fat present in your arteries, veins and avoid obesity. In this exercise, you need to:
- lie down on the floor with your feet flat and knees bent.
- raise your body and lean back while holding your knees with straight arms.
- balance on your butt and hold this V-shape for 6-7 breaths.
By performing this exercise on regular basis, you can stimulate secretion of gastric juices and improve peristaltic movements of your intestine.
- stand straight with your feet at shoulder width apart.
- extend your arms straight and place equal balance on both feet.
- inhale while keeping your arms straight and exhale when bending forward towards your feet.
- try bring your head towards your knees while keeping them straight. Maintain this position for 25-30 seconds and take deep breaths.
- raise your arms, take deep breaths and come back to the standing position.
- breathe out and keep your arms at the sides.
This exercise helps in toning all abdominal organs especially the pancreas, gall bladder, and stomach. Through this yoga asana, you can improve your appetite and avoid gastrointestinal problems. If you perform this exercise, you will calm adrenals present in your kidneys that compress abdominal area and improve digestion.
One of the best ways to improve the digestive system is to perform yoga. Yoga breathing exercises help in removing toxic materials and improving the body balance and longevity. With triangle pose, you can enhance your appetite and reduce constipation problems. The boat pose is great for improving secretion of gastric juices, known for stimulating digestion rate. If you want to avoid gastrointestinal and other digestion-related problems, the standing forward bend is the best option for you. Perform yoga regularly to reap the rewards of a smooth functioning body and mind.
Don’t forget that healthy eating habits and right food combining is as important as yoga exercises when it comes to healthy digestive system.
Andrew Fox is the founder and CEO at Aim Workout. As a passionate fitness professional and triathlete, there is no adventure he won’t embark on. From mountain biking, deep sea diving, rock climbing and cycling to boxing and mixed martial arts, Andrew has a penchant for the wild and extreme.