Should you crave for a decadent dessert to impress your guests or just enjoy it yourself at the end of a long day, look no further. My tofu and cashew cheesecake dessert bowls are an easy and quick version of raw cakes that doesn’t need to firm up in freezer. As they go in bowls, there’s no stress about cutting nice pieces and about whether the cake is firm enough or maybe too frozen.
I use no sugar (only 1 tsp. of agave syrup in the swirl) or oil in my tofu and cashew cheesecake dessert recipe, making it a healthy whole food plant-based treat. Of course you should bear in mind that nuts and tofu have quite high in fat content, so try not to overeat (if you can).
Cashew Cheesecake Dessert Bowl with Tofu
Ingredients:3 fair servings
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tsp. agave syrup (optional)
- Soak raisins in rum (not a must). Of course discard the rum from kids’ bowls.
- Also, soak cashews in water for 2-2.5 hours. Rinse and drain.
- Throw the ingredients (except cocoa powder, dried fruit and swirl components) into blender. Blend until smooth batter forms.
- Now, put half of the mixture into a bowl and add cocoa powder to the half in the blender. Process until cocoa powder is well incorporated.
- Mix half of the raisins and chopped figs into brown batter and the other half into white batter.
- Prepare the swirl by mixing together peanut butter (room temperature) and agave syrup.
- Now, start compiling the bowls. Put brown and white batter into bowls by turns. Add small balls of peanut butter mix here and there.
- When you come to the last layer, add about 5 peanut butter balls on top. Now, it’s about your creativity and art skills. Take sushi stick and make some nice swirls on top of the dessert.
- Place the desserts into fridge for a few hours. Cover the bowls with foil if you need to keep them longer.
Tips on my tofu and cashew cheesecake dessert bowls:
- You may garnish with fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackcurrants etc.).
- If you are a real sweet tooth, add more raisins and figs.
Disclaimer: the recipe contains links to products that I recommend and that meet my requirements.