Like many other dishes, this quiche was born out of necessity – I had a big bunch of leek my mom had brought me in the fridge. So, I had to create a recipe that used a lot of potato-leek. I chose quiche as I hadn’t prepared one for a long time and my family loves a pie. Needless to say, we were just munching away and humming 🙂
This Potato-Leek Quiche recipe is vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, and yeast-free.
Finally, please let me know in the comments below if you have any questions about my festive potato-leek quiche. Please tag me in social media whenever you try one of my recipes! I’d love to see your creations! Instagram @thenutriplanet and Facebook @nutriplanet.health.hubPrint
Like many other dishes, this quiche was born out of necessity – I had a big bunch of leek my mom had brought me in the fridge. So, I had to create a recipe that used a lot of leek. I chose quiche as I hadn’t prepared one for a long time and my family loves a pie. Needless to say, we were just munching away and humming 🙂
- 400g (12dl, 5 cups) leek, chopped
- 3 tbsps. garlic flakes
- 3 carrots (300g), shredded with Julienne peeler or cut into shreds
- 3 potatoes (425g), cut into shreds
- 2 tsps. broth powder
- 2 tbsps. dried celery stalks
- black pepper
Throw all ingredients onto a pan (ideally one you can use in the oven as well) with a bit of water (100ml, 0.4 cups – add half first and if necessary to prevent sticking, add the other half). The mixture needs to be nicely moist, but not dripping wet. Heat it for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix all ingredients well in a small bowl. Add water gradually to prevent clumps.
- If you didn’t use a pan that you can also use in the oven, line a cake tin with parchment paper and pour the filling into the tin. Stir the sauce once more and pour it over the filling.
- Top the pie with tomato slices.
- Bake in 375 F (190 C) oven for 40-45 minutes until the pie is set.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes before slicing.
- Method: Baking
Keywords: potato-leek quiche
Tips on my festive potato-leek quiche:
- You can substitute garlic flakes with 3-4 fresh garlic cloves and dried celery with 1 stalk of fresh celery.
- Goes very well with green salad and oven-baked or boiled grated beetroot.