Here’s the best chewy and soft gingerbread cookies recipe that makes your house smell of holiday flavors. It’s a quick and easy recipe requiring 8 ingredients and 45 minutes to make.
- 1 can (240g, 8.5oz) chickpeas (with no added salt), drain and rinse
- 75g (2.6oz) additive-free tahini (preferably at room temperature)
- 120g (4.2oz, ½ cup) additive-free almond milk
- 80g (2.8oz) fat-reduced almond flour [see tips]
- 30g (1.06oz) buckwheat flour
- ½ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 3 tbsps. carob powder
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. gingerbread spice mix
- 5 tbsps. birch xylitol (or date sugar for Plantricious version)
- Start by adding all ingredients (except buckwheat flour) into food processor and process until you have homogeneous batter. Check substitution tips if you don’t have food processor.
- Then, blend or mix in buckwheat flour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Next, take ungreased cookie sheet (or baking sheet) and line it with parchment paper. Weigh about 30g (1.06oz) pieces of cookie dough and, using the help of two spoons, place them onto baking sheet. You’ll get about 21 cookies (given that you don’t eat much dough).
- Now, you have two options. First, you can shape your gingerbread cookies using a fork. Secondly, you can make neat-looking cookies by flouring your hands and shaping them into same-size discs. To achieve that, start by making a small ball between your palms and then press it down and shape into regular circle. Flour your hands as needed – the cookies are quite soft.
- Bake the cookies for 25 minutes, and then transfer onto cooling rack and let cool completely.
One cookie has 2.5 GL Points.
Nutritional info per cookie (with date sugar): 76.3 kcal, 6.15g carbohydrates (49.9% of kcal), 3.3g fats (39% of kcal), 4.08g protein (21.4% of kcal), 2.84g fibre, and 30.6mg sodium.
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 71.6 kcal
- Sodium: 30.6mg
- Fat: 3.23g
- Carbohydrates: 5.22g
- Fiber: 2.84g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: gingerbread cookies