- Soak quinoa for a few hours, then drain and rinse. Boil it in water until soft (not too soft, keep the seeds separate, not as porridge). It takes about 10 minutes to cook soaked quinoa.
- While quinoa is boiling rinse, drain and mash the black beans.
- Chop onion and sauté with 1-2 tbsps. of water for 3-4 minutes. Then add marjoram, nutmeg, cinnamon, and sage. Stir and add 2 tbsps. of soy sauce. Sauté the onions for another minute.
- Add boiled quinoa and mashed black beans to onions/herbs and mix well. Taste and add soy sauce if necessary.
- Place a nori sheet on your sushi mat, leaving the rough side facing upwards. Spread 3 tbsps. of filling evenly on the sheet leaving the upper margin uncovered about 2 cm. (It’s important for sealing the roll later.) You can use either your wet hand or a spoon to do it.
- Start rolling and gently pressing the roll using the mat. Press really gently and be careful not to press out the filling. Seal with the uncovered nori edge. If you press too tightly the rolls will crack open in the oven.
- Heat oven to 200°C (390°F) and bake the rolls for 15 minutes. Let them cool a bit before eating.
- Method: Baking
Keywords: nori rolls with quinoa-bean