It’s already seventh pancake recipe on my blog, but I think there is always room for another as there is no such thing as too much pancakes. I’ve done green pancakes before – Kale-Spirulina Pancakes, but this time I aimed for a lighter green colour and a subtler taste – a combination of matcha and ginger is perfect in my opinion.
Soak time: 6 hours
- Soak buckwheat groats overnight or at least for 6 hours. Rinse and drain.
- Add the rinsed groats along with other ingredients into blender and blend until smooth and homogeneous batter forms.
- Taste and adjust by adding more spices/salt/sweetener if necessary.
- Take a good quality non-toxic non-stick pan. Add a few drops of oil onto the pan and swipe it off with folded kitchen paper. Let all the oil absorb into the paper and use it to swipe the pan clean between pancakes.
- Put a ladleful of batter onto the pan and even it out with a spoon/ladle or by shaking and/or tilting the pan to get the exact shape of your pan bottom. The frying time greatly depends on your stove. I flip it around when it is almost dry on top and also check the colour of the bottom side.
- Method: Frying
Keywords: matcha-gingger pancakes