Delicious baked kale chips that are also oil-free. It’s a great recipe for a healthy snack instead of potato chips for when you crave something crispy and a bit salty.
- Start by washing the kale thoroughly. Then shake it dry, remove the stems and tear the leaves into bigger chunks/pieces. You’ll fill a big 3-litre bowl!
- Next prepare the dressing in a small bowl. Simply mix together all the ingredients.
- Now pour the dressing onto kale leaves and start massaging with your hands until everything is well incorporated, and the kale has shrunk in size by about a half.
- Then place the massaged kale leaves onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper spreading them evenly.
- Next, heat oven to 100°C (212°F) and bake the kale for 10 minutes with fan on. Remove from oven and mix them up a bit. Turn off the fan and bake for 10 more minutes. Again, take the sheet out and move the chips around separating any moist pieces. Return the kale into oven for another 10 minutes. Then take them out and mix to see whether there are still any moist pieces. If yes, send them back into oven for final 5-10 minutes until all the kale chips turn crisp. Let cool before eating.
Store in zip lock bags or airtight container for up to a week, but make sure the kale chips are completely dry to avoid mould from developing.
You can substitute garlic powder and tamari with garlic salt.
If you don’t have tamari, you can also use soy sauce, sea salt or Himalayan salt.
Now, should you be on a low-histamine diet, it’s be better to leave out the smoked paprika and substitute it with sweet paprika.
Finally, nutritional yeast is not recommended in the Candida cleanse diet phase. Therefore, make your kale chips without the nooch. Sure, you’ll miss the cheese flavour, but the chips will be tasty, nonetheless. However, as nutritional yeast absorbs some water, I’d suggest you either decrease the amount of water a bit or add an extra tablespoon or nut or seed butter.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Oven
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 118 kcal
- Sodium: 113mg
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: kale chips, kale