Those soft cardamom cookies with cranberries will be on spot for your afternoon cup of tea or coffee. You’ll only need 20 minutes of your time, a bowl and a blender.
- 40g (1.4oz, ½ cup) rolled oats
- 30g (1.06oz, 3 tbsps. + 1 tsp.) oat flour
- 30g (1.06oz, 3 tbsps. + 1 tsp.) mesquite flour
- 6 tbsps. (42g, 1.5oz) coconut flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 3 juicy dates (14g, 0.5oz each)
- 24 drops of liquid stevia or 2 tbsps. date sugar (for Plantricious version)
- 165g (5.8oz) additive-free oat milk
- 80g (2.8oz) additive-free nut butter
Ingredients: Add later
- ½ cup (60g, 2.12oz) fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a medium bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- Then, in a mixing beaker or regular blender, process the wet ingredients until well incorporated.
- Next, pour the wet mixture over dry ingredients and mix until you have homogeneous batter. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate for at least half an hour. If you use fresh cranberries, fold them in before cooling the batter.
- Heat oven to 180°C (355°F).
- After chilling the dough, mix in frozen cranberries.
- Now, start shaping the dough into about 40g (1.4oz) cookies – form a cookie ball between your palms and then press it down a little. Place the cookies on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. I use kitchen scale to get even cookies. Finally, press the cookies down with a dessert fork.
- Bake for 16 minutes until golden brown. Place the lightly browned cookies onto rack to cool completely.
Store in fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 days. For longer keeping, freeze the cookies and heat up in microwave (for soft result) or regular oven (for crispy cookies) whenever needed.
If you’re on Candida diet and can’t have dates yet, replace them with 3 tbsps. of xylitol. Also, add 2 tbsps. (30g, 1.06oz) LESS plant milk.
24 drops of liquid stevia can be substituted with 2 tbsps. of any preferred sweetener, e.g. coconut sugar or date sugar.
Grind your own oat flour using rolled oats. Use the same weight.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 115.5
- Sugar: 5.4
- Sodium: 70.9
- Fat: 4.9
- Saturated Fat: 1.3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 11.3
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 3.5
- Cholesterol: 0