Enjoy life with those vegan gluten-free chocolate chip cookies that are oil-free yet so hearty and chewy. You’ll only need 7 ingredients and about 10 minutes of your time to make my easy oil-free vegan chocolate chip cookies.
Soak time: 30 minutes – 1 hour
- 50g (1.8oz) cacao liquor (for Plantricious version) or good quality organic dark chocolate
- 30g (1.06oz) additive-free tahini
- 40g (1.4oz) gluten-free rolled oats
- 6 tbsps. (36g, 1.3oz) coconut flour
- ¼ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 50g (1.8oz) carob powder
- 2 tbsps. (10g, 0.4oz) cocoa powder
- 165g (5.8oz) of unsweetened oat milk
- 3 tbsps. of birch xylitol or date sugar (for Plantricious version)
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients (except cacao liquor/chocolate and tahini). Then add oat milk and mix well. Let the batter sit for 30 minutes to an hour stirring occasionally. The batter has soaked enough when the rolled oats have almost dissolved.
- Next, in a double boiler or in microwave oven, melt half of the cacao liquor or dark chocolate and all of the tahini (in case you take it out of fridge and it’s not runny). Chop the reminder of chocolate/cacao liquor or use ready chocolate chips instead.
- Now, stir the melted cacao liquor/tahini mixture into the batter. Add also chopped dark chocolate or chips leaving some to add on top of the cookies later.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Once you’ve chilled the dough, form 8 round cookies – form a ball between your palms and then press it down just a bit. Place the cookies on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Leave enough space between cookies to be able to press them down a bit. Each cookie will weight about 45 grams (1.6oz). Now, sprinkle the reminder of chopped dark chocolate or chips onto cookies. Then, take a dessert fork and press the cookies down a bit, so that they’re about 1.5cm (0.59”) thick with a diameter of about 6cm (2.4”).
- Finally, bake the cookies at 175°C (350°F) for 16-18 minutes (if you’re after softer result, bake the cookies for less time, but if you prefer them denser, leave them into oven for longer). Transfer the cookies onto cooling rack and let cool a bit before eating.
Use my code nutriplanet to get 15% off when buying Goodio chocolates. They deliver worldwide.
See substitution tips for tahini, oat milk and xylitol below.
Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container in fridge for 3-4 days or in freezer for up to a month. Heat the cookies up in oven (for crisp edges) or in microwave oven (for soft result). I’d suggest heating them up a bit even when taken from fridge as both cacao liquor and chocolate harden a lot when chilled.
One cookie has 5.7 GL points.
Feel free to make smaller cookies if you prefer to have tiny bites to take with you on the go!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: ⅛ of the recipe, 1 cookie
- Calories: 137 kcal
- Sodium: 57.5mg
- Fat: 6.54g
- Carbohydrates: 10.5g
- Fiber: 7.65g
- Protein: 3.93g
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies