My vegan paleo chocolate chip cookies without cocoa make a delicious paleo dessert, breakfast or snack to everyone looking for grain-free baked goods. This great recipe proves that it’s possible to enjoy chocolaty treats even when intolerant to cacao.
- 30g (1.06oz, 2 level tbsps.) coconut puree (manna)
- 200g (7oz) additive-free oat milk
- 60g (2.1oz) almond protein powder
- 20g (0.7oz, 3 level tbsps.) coconut flour
- 2 tbsps. ground chia seeds
- ½ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 2 tsps. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. roasted carob powder
- 55g (1.9oz, 6 level tbsps.) regular carob powder
- 20g (0.7oz) of unsweetened carob chips
- Start by weighing 30 grams of coconut puree and warm it up in microwave oven or in double boiler (until it is liquid).
- Then, mix together coconut puree and oat milk. Add the milk gradually and stir.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients (except carob chips).
- Next, pour the liquids over dry ingredients and mix until you have homogeneous batter. Finally, fold in the carob chips. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Then, divide the batter into 8 portions (or make smaller or bigger cookies), form round-shaped cookies with your hands and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the cookies at 175°C (350°F) for 16 minutes. Let cool for about 15 minutes before eating.
One cookie has 4.2 GL points.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes, cooling time: 15 minutes
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: ⅛ of the recipe
- Calories: 115 kcal
- Sodium: 81mg
- Fat: 6.8g
- Carbohydrates: 4.67g
- Fiber: 7.06g
- Protein: 5.26g
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies