This gluten-free vegan egg salad sandwich is super easy and quick to make as you’ll only need 1 bowl, a fork and 10 minutes of your time. Spread it on a slice of toasted bread and bite into egg-flavoured creamy deliciousness!
- 1 can (240g, 8.5oz) unsalted chickpeas
- 1 medium avocado (about 100g, 3.5oz of flesh)
- 2 tbsps. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ¾ tsp. Indian black salt (kala namak), max ¼+⅛ tsp. (1.4g, 0.05oz) for Plantricious version
- ½ tsp. crushed mustard seeds
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsps. nutritional yeast
- 4 tbsps. plain plant yogurt
- Black pepper to taste
- First, rinse and drain the chickpeas. Then, in a bowl or on a plate mash them with avocado (using a fork or potato masher).
- Next, mix in lemon juice and add turmeric, black salt, pepper, mustard seeds and garlic powder. Mash or mix well before throwing in nutritional yeast and yogurt. Make it creamier or leave coarser/chunkier – it’s up to you!
- Give it a final stir, taste (adjust if necessary) and spread on a slice of bread or cracker or top your salad with this yummy egg-flavoured creaminess.
One serving has 7.45 GL points.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Method: Mashing or Mixing
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe (Plantricious version)
- Calories: 153 kcal
- Sodium: 146mg
- Fat: 6.8g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 6.4g
- Protein: 7.66g
Keywords: vegan egg salad