Gooey and soft vegan gluten free chickpea cookie dough bites aka chickpea cookies that are refined sugar free, oil free, quite low fat and Candida diet friendly.
- 2 cans of unsalted chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 tbsps. (40g, 1.4oz) additive-free peanut butter
- ½ tsp. Himalayan salt (less, if you use salted peanut butter and chickpeas)
- 5 tbsps. birch xylitol (or date sugar for Plantricious version)
- 1 level tbsp. of lemon zest (for Plantricious version) or 6-8 drops of lemon essential oil
- 2 tbsps. mesquite flour
- 2 tbsps. almond protein powder or any fat-reduced nut flour
- 80g (2.8oz) rolled oats
- 100g (3.5oz) unsweetened oat milk
- 4 tsps. cocoa powder (add later)
- Cocoa nibs (add later)
- First, rinse and drain the chickpeas well.
- Then, add all ingredients except cocoa powder and cocoa nibs into food processor and process until you have homogeneous batter. Scrape the sides as necessary.
- Next, transfer half of the dough into a bowl and add cocoa powder to the remaining half and process again. Add an additional splash of plant milk if necessary.
- Now, weigh about 19 gram (0.67oz) cookies and place them on baking sheet covered with parchment paper. You’ll get 40 cookies if you don’t eat the dough, which is quite impossible of course ?
- Shape the cookies with your hands (see tutorial video below).
- Finally, press some cocoa nibs onto each cookie and bake them at 190°C (375°F) for 20 minutes.
One serving has 12 GL points.
I calculated the above with 454 grams of chickpeas, because this was how much I got from 2 cans ?
Nutritional info with date sugar: 205 kcal, 25.2g carbohydrates (66.5% of kcal), 5.86g fats (25.7% of kcal), 9.27g protein (18.1% of kcal), 7.28g fibre, and 66mg sodium.
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 serving, i.e. 5 cookies, with about 0.3 grams of cocoa nibs per cookie
- Calories: 194 kcal
- Sodium: 66.7mg
- Fat: 5.75g
- Carbohydrates: 22.7 g
- Fiber: 7.35g
- Protein: 9.19g
Keywords: chickpea cookies