As repetition is the mother of all learning, my gluten free vegan cherry muffins with millet are low fat, oil-free and Candida diet friendly.
- 90g (3.2oz, 7 tbsps., a bit less than ½ cup), millet groats, soak
- 80g (2.8oz, 1 cup) gluten-free jumbo oats
- ½ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsps. (30g, 1oz) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. carob powder
- 1 tbsp. (or more) xylitol
- 200ml or grams (7oz) plant milk (see tips)
- 2 tsps. aluminium free baking powder
- 12 sweet cherries, stones removed and chopped
- Some chocolate chips (optional)
- First, soak millet overnight (or all day). Wash and drain. It soaks in about 30g (1oz) of water.
- Heat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Put all ingredients except baking powder and cherries in blender and blend until smooth batter is formed.
- Now, blend in baking powder. Finally mix in (DON’T BLEND) chopped cherries.
- Divide the batter between 6 muffin moulds, sprinkle on a few dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate and bake for 33 minutes until the muffins are done.
These muffins make a delightful breakfast or mid-morning/afternoon snack with tea or coffee.
One muffin has 14.47 GL (glycemic load) points.
- Cook Time: 33 minutes
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: ⅙ of recipe (calculated with 100g rice-coconut milk, 100g almond milk and 4g of chocolate chips)
- Calories: 146 kcal
- Fat: 2.28g
- Carbohydrates: 21.9g
- Fiber: 3.24g
- Protein: 4.21g
Keywords: vegan cherry muffins