I created these low fat vegan apple cinnamon muffins almost a month ago when I was in Barcelona. So, whenever I make them now, the smell and taste take me back to my second hometown and I sigh longingly ?
- 80g (2.82oz) raw buckwheat, soaked
- 80g (2.82oz) oat bran
- 1 big ripe banana (210g, 7.4oz with skin)
- 1 tbsp. (16g, 0.6oz) peanut butter without additives
- 2 tbsps. (30g, 1.06oz) unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsps. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 160g (5.6oz) naturally sweet plant milk (oat or rice)
- 2 tsps. aluminium free baking powder
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds (add later)
- 1 cup (100g, 3.5oz) apple cubes, add later
- Firstly, soak buckwheat overnight (or all day or at least 6 hours). Rinse and drain.
- Heat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Next, put all ingredients except baking powder, poppy seeds and diced apple in blender and blend until smooth batter is formed.
- Now, blend in baking powder. Then mix in (DON’T BLEND) poppy seeds and apple cubes.
- Finally, divide the batter between 6 muffin forms and bake for 40 minutes until the muffins are golden.
These low fat apple cinnamon muffins make a delightful breakfast or mid-morning/afternoon snack with tea or coffee.
One muffin has 11.4 GL points.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: ⅙ of recipe
- Calories: 179 kcal
- Fat: 3.92g
- Carbohydrates: 24.6g
- Fiber: 5.39g
- Protein: 5.83g
Keywords: vegan apple cinnamon muffin