Great go-to spongy and delicious only subtly sweet vegan gluten-free blueberry muffins that are also oil-free and sugar-free.
- 80g (2.8oz) millet, soak
- 80g (2.8oz) not roasted buckwheat groats, soak
- ⅓ cup (80ml, 2.8oz) unsweetened oat or rice milk
- 2 tbsps. (30g, 1.06oz) unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsps. (32g, 1.13oz) additive-free peanut butter
- 155g (5.5oz) ripe banana
- ⅛ tsp. of Himalayan salt
- 2 tsps. low-sodium baking powder
- ¾ cups (100g, 3.5oz) wild blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Soak millet and buckwheat overnight (or all day) in separate bowls. Wash and drain (you can use one sieve).
- Heat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Put all ingredients except baking powder and blueberries in blender and blend until smooth batter is formed. Don’t worry, it’s supposed to be fairly liquid as millet swells quite significantly.
- Now, blend in baking powder. Finally mix in (DON’T BLEND) the blueberries.
- Divide the batter between 6-8 muffin forms and bake for 33-35 minutes until the muffins are golden. Let cool covered with clean kitchen towel.
One muffin has 15 GL points.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: ⅙ of recipe
- Calories: 171 kcal
- Sodium: 57.1mg
- Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrates: 26.6g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Protein: 5.1g
Keywords: vegan blueberry muffins