- 200g (7oz) yellow split peas, soaked
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small carrots (about 55g, 1.9oz each), chopped
- 4 medium potatoes (about 60g, 2.1oz each)
- About 1.31 litres (46.2oz, 5.24 cups) water
- 2 tsps. smoked paprika
- 75g (2.6oz) brown rice noodles
- Black pepper and Himalayan salt to taste
- Fresh parsley, thyme and dill to garnish
- Measure 200g dried split peas. Soak them overnight, then rinse and drain.
- Boil a kettleful of water.
- Add all ingredients (except rice noodles) into a medium pot. Pour over with 1.31 litres of boiling water, mix well and bring to boil. Simmer until the peas are done (mine took about 50-60 minutes).
- Turn off the heat, mix in a big handful on chopped fresh parsley, and add dry brown rice noodles. They will soften in about 3 minutes.
- Let cool a bit, taste and add boiled water and pepper/salt if necessary.
- Method: Boiling
Keywords: smoky split pea soup