My chocolaty quinoa-millet muffins’ recipe is plant-based/vegan, uses no oil and no sugar, and also happens to be gluten-free.
Soak time : 6 – 8 hours
- Soak millet and quinoa overnight (or all day) in separate bowls. Wash and drain (you can use one sieve).
- Soak chopped figs in 190ml of oat milk for at least 30 minutes.
- Put all ingredients except baking powder and chocolate in a blender and blend until smooth batter is formed and quinoa seeds are no longer visible (it may take a few minutes). Don’t worry; it’s supposed to be fairly liquid as millet swells quite significantly.
- Now, blend in baking powder. Finally mix in (DON’T BLEND) chopped chocolate.
- Divide the batter between 9 muffin forms and bake for 33-35 minutes until the muffins are golden.
- Method: Baking
- Calories: 162 kcal
- Fat: 5.62g
- Carbohydrates: 23.4g
- Fiber: 2.78g
- Protein: 4.43g
Keywords: millet muffins