Perfect autumn season chocolaty plum muffins that are plant-based, oil-free and sugar free. You have to try it, or you will missed your own perfect autumn!
- 155g (5.5oz) oat flour
- 120g (4.2oz) raw buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsps. cacao powder
- 2 heaped tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 10 figs
- 280 ml water or plant-based milk (I use unsweetened oat milk)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tbsps. applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 heaped tbsp. peanut butter
- A pinch of seal salt
- 3 big plums, cut into 4 pieces
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped
- In a small bowl, cover the chopped figs with 280ml water or plant-based milk and let soak for about 30 minutes.
- In a big bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder, cacao, and cinnamon.
- Place the figs with the soak water, bananas, peanut butter, salt and applesauce into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the wet mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients, and mix until all the dry ingredients have disappeared. Finally mix in chopped chocolate.
- Spoon the batter into a silicone muffin pan or parchment muffin papers in a metal pan. Place a plum quarter in every muffin case, by pressing it down with your finger.
- Heat oven to 350 F (175 C). Bake for 30-35 minutes. The muffins will be done when cracks appear, and when a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for at least 15 to 20 minutes before removing.
- Method: Baking
Keywords: chocolaty plum muffins