It’s been a long time since I posted a muffin recipe – I’ve been enjoying my quick barley bread Karask too much! Maybe it’s because I hadn’t had muffins for a while or the recipe just turned out so perfect, but those muffins were a real delight.
- 120g (4.2oz) raw buckwheat flour
- 155g (5.5oz) oat flour
- 2tbsps poppy seeds
- 2tsp cinnamon
- ½tsp cardamom
- 2tsps baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180 C (355 F).
- Chop the figs and soak in plant-based milk for at least half an hour. If you soak them longer, place them in the fridge.
- While the figs are soaking combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and finely chop the chocolate.
- Place the figs and milk in blender. Add all the remaining wet ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture on dry ingredients and mix well. Make sure there are no lumps. Now stir in chopped chocolate.
- Fill 12 muffin forms (I use silicone forms) with the dough and finally stick two cherries into each muffin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool a bit before you try to remove them from the forms.
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 218 kcal
- Fat: 5.4g
- Carbohydrates: 36.8g
- Fiber: 6.42g
- Protein: 5.5g
Keywords: cherry-poppy seeds muffins