Here’s to tasty and juicy gluten free chickpea-zucchini burger! I made those for lunch yesterday and I must say the boys where super-happy to find veggie burger on their plate. I prepare veggie patties quite often, but not in the form of burgers.
- Finely grate the summer squash and place it in a big bowl.
- If you use canned chickpeas, rinse them well. Place the chickpeas, garlic, leek, walnuts, flax seeds and turmeric with sea salt and black pepper into a food processor. Process well. Scrape the sides with a spoon and process again.
- Pour this mixture into a bowl of summer squash. Mix well with a spoon or use your hands. Add rice flour and mix again. I find using my hand the most effective. Now, depending on how much liquid you got from the summer squash, you might want to add a few tablespoons of water or plant-based milk.
- Take a baking sheet and cover it with parchment paper. Take one heaped tablespoon of the batter at a time, form a nice patty and place it on the baking sheet.
- Heat oven to 190°C (375°F) and bake for 25-30 minutes. They firm up as they cool down.
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Method: Baking
Keywords: veggie burger