It is St. Patrick’s Day tomorrow and I just had to post something green. I decided to make green soup, it’s quick and easy Broccoli-Spinach Soup – green food for St. Patrick’s Day.
- Handful of onion flakes
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 2tsp broth powder
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 medium potato, cut into cubes
- 1 sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 2 small or 1 bigger broccoli head + stalk(s), cut into smaller pieces
- 200g (7oz) spinach, chopped
- Boil a kettleful of water.
- Throw onion flakes, garlic powder, broth powder, carrot, potato, and sweet potato into a soup pot. Cover with water from kettle. Bring to boil.
- Simmer for five minutes, and then add broccoli pieces. Add more water if necessary – enough to keep the veggies covered.
- Simmer for another five minutes.
- Add chopped spinach and let simmer for the final five minutes.
- Let sit uncovered for 5-10 minutes to cool the soup down a bit. Puree with immerse blender.
Garnish with sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and parsley leaves. Nutritional yeast also goes very well with the soup. I had a few slices of fermented buckwheat bread with the soup.
- Method: Simmering
Keywords: broccoli-spinach soup