Nutritious and delicious oil-free vegan oven omelette with summer squash, carrots and chickpea flour.
- 1 summer squash, finely grated
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1 celery stalk, finely grated
- handful on onion flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 5 tbsp chickpea flour
- marjoram or oregano, Himalayan salt, pepper to taste
- ½ turnip
- 4 small potatoes
- a bit of stock powder (I use organic, yeast-free)
- Heat oven to 190C (374F).
- In a bowl, mix the grated vegetables with onion flakes, garlic powder, chickpea flour and oregano, salt, pepper.
- Place this mixture in an oven dish and bake for about 30 minutes (the top of it should be dry, baked).
- Peal and cube the vegetables.
- Boil in stock for about 10 minutes or until soft enough to mash them. I used a hand masher and left some bugger chunks in, because I like it! Mix in fresh parsley.
- To finish the dish I quickly prepared some cashew mayonnaise to pour on as well. I halved the recipe, but one can also prepare some extra to store in fridge for next meals.
As this meal is quite high in fat, make other meals leaner that day or omit the cashew cream and have a slice of whole-grain bread instead.
I served the omelette and mash with green salad (about 200g).
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 portion (with salad)
- Calories: 505 kcal
- Fat: 20.6g
- Carbohydrates: 62.8g
- Protein: 18g