Muffins are definitely one of my favourite comfort foods. When I think of muffins I imagine a nice quite afternoon with freshly baked muffin and a bit of high quality speciality coffee I buy from Gourmet Coffee.
- 15 dates, pitted and chopped
- 250ml water
- 1 big banana
- 90g (about 5 tbsp, 3.17oz) coconut oil
- 200ml apple sauce
- 155g (5.47oz) oat flour
- 120g (4.23oz) raw buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 heaped tbsp (about 21g, 0.74oz) carob powder
- 2 heaped tbsp (about 21g, 0.74oz) raw cacao powder
- 400 ml berries, frozen or fresh (if frozen, do not thaw)
- In a small bowl, cover the chopped dates with 250ml water and let soak for at least 15 minutes.
- In a big bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder, carob powder, and cacao powder.
- Place the dates with the soak water, banana, and melted coconut oil into a blender and blend until smooth. Add apple sauce and blend again.
- Add this date mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients, and mix until all the dry ingredients have disappeared.
- Gently fold in the berries. Spoon the batter into a silicone muffin pan or parchment muffin papers in a metal pan. This recipe makes 12 big muffins.
- Heat oven to 350 F (175 C). Bake for 30-35 minutes. The muffins will be done when cracks appear, and when a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for at least 15 to 20 minutes before removing.
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 big muffin
- Calories: 218 kcal
- Fat: 9.15g
- Carbohydrates: 29.7g
- Fiber: 4.87g
- Protein: 4.11g
Keywords: chocolaty berries muffin