Super healthy oil-free miso roasted vegetables that make an excellent side dish to any festive gathering or brighten up your weekday meal.
Ingredients: for miso marinade
- 40g (1.4oz) piece of miso paste
- ½ tsp. garlic powder or 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp. paprika powder
- 200g (7oz) water
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. of chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp. of chopped fresh tyhme
- ½ tbsp date sugar or coconut sugar (optional)
Ingredients: for vegetables
- Start by blending all the marinade ingredients until smooth. Chop the fresh herbs before to ease blending. Transfer to a jar and keep in fridge.
- Then, prepare the vegetables. First, cut out the seedy parts of bell peppers. If you have larger peppers, cut them into quarters and then halve those quarters as well. Clean the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half. Cut the beetroot and carrot into thinner sticks or smaller cubes to allow all the vegetables to cook within the same timeframe. The sweet potato sticks or cubes can be bigger than those of beetroot and carrot.
- In a bigger bowl, mix the bell peppers and Brussels sprouts with about 4 tablespoons of miso marinade and pour them onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Next take beetroot and carrot and repeat the process – drizzle with marinade, mix well and transfer onto baking sheet together with bell peppers and Brussels sprouts. Finally, stir the sweet potatoes separately and add a dash of ginger powder and cinnamon that go extremely well with sweet potatoes.
- When everyone’s all cozied up on the baking sheet, drizzle some more miso marinade on top and bake at 190°C (374°F) for 35-40 minutes.
You could also use fresh garlic instead of garlic powder. Simply blend a fresh garlic clove along with the other ingredients. Then, have a taste and add more if you’re after tangier result.
Other vegetables to oven roast include parsnips, regular potatoes, fennel, turnip, cauliflower, cabbage.
Nutritional info for the miso marinade recipe: 230 kcal, 20g carbohydrates, 10g fats, 12g protein, 6g fibre, and 1509mg sodium.
The below nutritional data with veggies is correct, if you use up 60% (3/5) of the marinade to coat the vegetables.
- Method: Oven
- Serving Size: 1/5 of veggies + 12% of marinade
- Calories: 108
- Sodium: 239mg
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 15.3g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Protein: 4.5g
Keywords: miso, oven roasted