Try these homemade gluten-free vegan pizza rolls if you need a healthy savory bite sized snack for busy weekdays. Furthermore, they are yeast-free and oil-free for maximum benefits.
- 100g (3.5oz) buckwheat flour (unroasted)
- 100g (3.5oz) coconut flour
- 4 tsps. (12g, 0.42oz) psyllium husk powder
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. aluminium free baking powder
- ½ cup water
- 250g (8.8oz) additive-free soy milk + 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Start by mixing together soy milk and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl. Let sit until you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: flours, salt, oregano, psyllium powder and baking powder.
- Next, add water and curdled soy milk to dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated. Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Vegan Parmesan Cheese
While the pizza dough is cooling, prepare vegan Parmesan cheese by grinding 50g (1.8oz) of fry cashews, 3 tbsps. of nutritional yeast and ¼ tsp. of Himalayan salt. I used the small grinder that came with my food processor. You’ll use about half of it. Store the rest in a sealed container or jar in fridge.
- Take a silicon baking mat, wax paper or non-stick parchment paper and sprinkle it with some buckwheat flour. Then, place your dough ball in the middle. Now, put another piece of parchment or wax paper on top of the dough and start rolling.
- Roll the dough out into about 28×35 cm (11×13.8 inch) rectangle and remove the parchment paper.
- Next, spread tomato paste on the rolled out pizza dough, sprinkle 1 tsp. of dried oregano and finish with vegan Parmesan cheese. Leave some cheese to top the rolls later.
- Then, slowly roll the dough into a tight spiral releasing the silicone mat as you progress. Check the video!
- Using a sharp knife, slice the dough log into 9-10 bite sized rolls and place them on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or use the same silicone mat you rolled the dough on. Shape them a bit if needed and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Finally, preheat oven to 190°C (375°F) and bake the rolls for 30 minutes until golden brown. Let cool a bit before eating.
Tomato paste makes a great sauce for dipping those vegan pizza rolls (should you feel the need to).
One pizza roll has 6 GL points.
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1/9 of recipe
- Calories: 124
- Sodium: 121
- Fat: 3.9
- Carbohydrates: 12.7
- Fiber: 7.58
- Protein: 5.6
Keywords: vegan pizza rolls