Unsweetened carob chips that are as delicious as chocolate chips, but without the adverse effects of cocoa. Just 2 ingredients, 1 bowl and 10 minutes of your time!
- Start by melting cocoa butter in a double boiler (or in microwave).
- Then, whisk carob powder into the melted cocoa butter. You may use only light roasted carob or a blend with dark-roasted carob. I’d suggest adding not more than a tablespoon though as dark-roasted carob is quite intense.
- Next, pour the liquid mass into a small cake tin or bread loaf lined with parchment paper and refrigerate until firm.
- Finally, place the firmed carob chocolate onto chopping board and using a sharp knife, chop it into as small pieces as you like. Store in a glass jar in fridge.
You’d get 13.5 GL points
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Category: Desserts
- Serving Size: 100g / 3.5oz
- Calories: 607.6 kCal
- Sodium: 15.8mg
- Fat: 55.3g (82% of kcal)
- Carbohydrates: 40g (26% of kcal)
- Fiber: 17.9g
- Protein: 2.1g (1.4% of kcal)