Soaking time: 8-12 hours
You only need 1 ingredient and a powerful blender to make raw almond butter at home. Enjoy your smooth and creamy homemade almond butter with no additives and pay 2-3 times less compared to store-bought varieties!
3 cups (414g, 14.6oz) Raw Organic Almonds
- Start by soaking raw almonds for 8-12 hours (see instructions above). Then, dehydrate until fully dry. You might skip the first 2 steps, if your digestion can handle the phytates and enzyme inhibitors in raw inactivated nuts.
- Next, pour the dehydrated almonds into high-speed or high-powered (at least 1000W) food processor.
- Then, start processing. Scrape down the sides whenever the almonds start to stick to the walls and bottom of your food processor.
- When the oils start to separate, the half-done almond butter will form bigger clumps and finally you’ll see one big ball of almond paste running around the processor. Don’t stop there! It might seem that it takes forever, but you’ll have almond butter in the end! Separate the ball with a spoon or spatula and continue processing. Soon you’ll see that the ball starts to come apart and the paste will look more and more like real almond butter. Process a little bit longer and you’re done! It’ll all take about 45 minutes with 1000W food processor. So, be patient and make sure to give your processor short breaks not to overheat it. I gave mine a 5-minute break at 35 minutes.
One tablespoon has 0 GL points.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Method: Blending
- Serving Size: One tablespoon (16g, 0.6oz)
- Calories: 95.2 kcal
- Sodium: 0.16mg
- Fat: 7.98g
- Carbohydrates: 3.46g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3.39g
Keywords: homemade almond butter