This simple homemade tomato pasta sauce only requires 7 ingredients, one pot and 15 minutes of active prep time. It is perfect over freshly cooked pasta or even on a salad bowl.
- First, finely chop carrot, celery, onion and garlic. Next, sauté the chopped veggies with dried herbs and 3 tablespoons of water for 5 minutes.
- Then, add tomato puree and 70 grams of water. Stir well and let simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add corn and let simmer for another 3 minutes (not necessary if you use canned corn).
- Finally, mix in chopped basil leaves and let cool a bit.
One serving has 4 GL points.
- Method: Sauté
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 105 kcal
- Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 19.4g
- Fiber: 3.41g
- Protein: 4.1g
Keywords: tomato sauce