Those grain free vegan paleo brownies are perfect, if you’re looking for a moist and gooey kid-approved recipe that is ready in under an hour.
Soaking time: 8 hours
- 1½ cups (260g, 9.2oz) boiled black (Beluga) lentils
- 25g (0.9oz) nut or seed butter (without additives)
- 200g (7.05oz) of oat milk
- 4 tbsps. (30g, 1.06oz) coconut flour
- 1 tbsp. (9g, 0.3oz) mesquite flour (see sub info under tips)
- 2 tbsps. (15g, 0.5oz) carob powder
- 2 tbsps. (15g, 0.5oz) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1½ tsp. (5g, 0.2oz) psyllium powder
- 3 tbsps. (40g, 1.4oz) birch xylitol or stevia to taste
- ¼ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 2 tsps. (8g, 0.3oz) dark chocolate chips (add later)
- 1 tsp. (3g, 0.1oz) cocoa nibs (add later)
- Start with soaking Beluga lentils for 8 hours. Then rinse, drain and boil the lentils. 2 cups of boiled lentils is about 115g (4.06oz) dry lentils. Or buy enough of canned lentils. Make sure to rinse and drain those as well.
- Next, add all the ingredients (except chocolate chips and cocoa nibs) into food processor and process until you have homogeneous and smooth batter. You’ll need to scrape the sides every now and then.
- Then, transfer the batter onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread it out into about 17x17cm (6.8 inch) square.
- Finally, sprinkle on some chocolate chips and cocoa nibs, press them down and bake the brownies at 175°C (350°F) for 35 minutes. Let cool before slicing.
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: ⅛ of the recipe
- Calories: 106 kcal
- Fat: 3.75g
- Carbohydrates: 15.9g
- Fiber: 5.28g
- Protein: 5.1g
Keywords: vegan paleo brownies