This Buddha bowl recipe is perfect if you’re looking for easy vegan lunch recipes that can be made in less than 30 minutes. Besides being quick, it’s indubitably delicious and balanced meal. It’s because it’s got it all – lots of veggies of many colours, protein, healthy fats and beneficial spices.
- 1 small (17g, 0.6oz) celery stalk, chopped
- 1 Portobello mushroom (about 84g, 3oz), chopped or sliced
- About ¼ (75g, 2.6oz) of bigger fennel bulb, chopped or sliced
- 150g (5.3oz) green beans (fresh or frozen)
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ¼ tsp. garam masala (optional)
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped kale
- ½ cup (loosely packed) finely shredded red cabbage
- Himalayan or black salt and black pepper to taste
- 80g (2.8oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 35g (1.2oz) avocado slices
- Alfalfa sprouts (as much as you like)
- First, place chopped or sliced mushroom, celery, fennel, green beans, turmeric, garlic powder and garam masala into a saucepan with a few tablespoons of water. Sauté for about 5 minutes, stir occasionally. You’ll have more liquid as the water seeps out of the mushrooms.
- Next, throw in broccoli and sauté for 2 minutes. Make sure there’s enough liquid or it can burn! Then comes kale’s turn, which needs another 3-4 minutes. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time if necessary.
- Finally, add shredded cabbage, turn off the heat and cover for additional 2-3 minutes to soften it a bit. Then, season the dish with black pepper and Himalayan or black salt.
- Combine your bowl: pour the sautéed veggies into a salad bowl and add chickpeas, oven-baked and sliced Portobello mushroom, avocado slices and alfalfa sprouts.
One serving has 20.6 GL points.
Season with any fresh herbs you have in hand – parsley, cilantro, onion greens, basil, thyme, or marjoram.
P.S. You can easily make this bowl low fat by ditching the avocado!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Method: Sauté
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 308 kcal
- Fat: 9.76g
- Carbohydrates: 47.9g
- Fiber: 20.3g
- Protein: 17.3g
Keywords: vegan lunch