You wouldn’t believe this beautifully green as well as rich and creamy vegan soup with green peas, broccoli, kale and potatoes is totally oil-free and dairy-free. This soup is a real protein bomb that doesn’t lack in flavour, has only 6 ingredients and is ready in 15 minutes. In a word, perfect for those looking for a lean and low fat yet filling and satiating meal option.
- 120g (4.2oz, almost 1 cup) frozen green peas
- 40g (1.4oz, ½ cup) chopped leek
- 45g (1.6oz, 1 small) potato, cut into smaller cubes
- 80g (2.8oz, 1 large) carrot, cut into smaller cubes
- 100g (3.5oz) broccoli
- 50g (1.8oz, 3 cups chopped) kale
- 1½ tsp. broth powder
- ½–1 tsp. garlic powder
- Himalayan salt or Black pepper to taste
- Enough water for desired consistency
- First, bring half a kettleful of water to boil.
- Then, throw frozen peas, chopped leek, carrot, potatoes, broth powder and garlic powder into small pot. Add enough hot water to cover (about 350g, 12.3oz) and bring to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Next, chop kale and cut broccoli florets into smaller pieces. When the 5 minutes is up, add broccoli and kale to the soup. Pour in some hot water as well (just enough to cover) and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Let the soup cool a bit and puree using regular or immersion blender. Add water if necessary. Feel free to leave it chunky to have something to chew on.
- Season with black pepper and Himalayan salt (if your broth powder was unsalted).
- Finally, garnish with a tablespoon of nutritional yeast, a handful of alfalfa sprouts, a sprinkle of sesame seeds and some mint leaves, parsley or cilantro (optional). You also may add a splash of coconut milk.
One serving has 18.2 GL points.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Method: Simmering
- Serving Size: 1 serving (without garnishes)
- Calories: 233 kcal
- Fat: 2.95g
- Carbohydrates: 43.9g
- Fiber: 14.4g
Keywords: creamy soup, peas, broccoli, kale