This raw vegan cheesecake doesn’t contain refined sugars or oils. Yet, it has perfect consistency allowing you to cut the thinnest slices without causing the cake to fall apart. And it doesn’t even need freezing! Watch the short video below to prove it!
Soak time: overnight
- First, soak cashews and buckwheat overnight. Then, drain and rinse.
- Next, put soaked cashews and buckwheat with the remaining all ingredients (except baobab powder) into blender or food processor and process until you have a smooth batter. You’ll need to help with a spoon. Alternatively, use beaker and immersion blender.
- Finally, mix in baobab powder and grated lemon or orange peel. Should you have a very potent blender, it can do that job for you.
- Then, line a cup or a small bowl with some plastic wrap or cheesecloth and scoop the mixture into the cup. Never use plastic in a glass jar as plastic sticks firmly to the glass and you won’t be able to get it out there later. Press the mixture down so it sits in the cup quite tightly. Cover the top with plastic wrap or use a lid and refrigerate overnight or at least 5 hours.
- To serve, remove the wrap, place a fitting plate upside down on the bowl and flip. Remove the bowl and cheesecloth/plastic wrap.
- Serving Size: ⅙ of the cake
- Calories: 198 kcal
- Fat: 11.6g
- Carbohydrates: 19.5g
- Fiber: 3.32g
- Protein: 5.76g
Keywords: vegan cheesecake