Rich and hearty yet oil free and refined sugar free vegan gluten free brownies using black lentils for perfect texture and moistness. Moreover, they are not only gooey and delicious but also super easy to make.
Soaking time: 8 hours
- 2 cups (345g, 12.2oz) boiled black (Beluga) lentils
- 25g (0.9oz) peanut butter (without additives)
- 40g (1.4oz, about ½ cup) gluten free rolled oats
- 150g (5.3oz) of unsweetened oat milk
- 2 tbsps. (15g, 0.5oz) coconut flour
- 1 tbsp. (9g, 0.3oz) mesquite flour
- 2½ tbsps. (23g, 0.8oz) carob powder
- 2 tbsps. (15g, 0.5oz) cocoa powder
- 3 tbsps. (40g, 1.4oz) birch xylitol
- ½ tsp. ginger powder
- ¼ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 2 tsps. (8g, 0.3oz) dark chocolate chips (add later)
- ½ tsp. (1.5g, 0.05oz) cocoa nibs (add later)
- Start with soaking Beluga lentils for 8 hours. Then rinse, drain and boil the lentils. 2 cups of boiled lentils is about 115g (4.06oz) dry lentils. Or buy enough of canned lentils. Make sure to rinse and drain those as well.
- Next, add all the ingredients (except chocolate chips and cocoa nibs) into food processor and process until you have homogeneous and smooth batter. You’ll need to scrape the sides every now and then.
- Then, transfer the batter onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread it out into about 17x17cm (6.8 inch) square.
- Finally, sprinkle on some chocolate chips and cocoa nibs, press them down and bake the brownies at 175°C (350°F) for 30 minutes. Let cool before slicing.
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: ⅛ of the recipe
- Calories: 126 kcal
- Fat: 3.81g
- Carbohydrates: 19.9g
- Fiber: 5.41g
- Protein: 6.29g
Keywords: vegan brownies, gluten free