My vegan pumpkin cheesecake recipe is plant-based, oil-free, refined sugar free, gluten-free and suitable on vegan Candida diet (except on cleanse).
- ½ cup (50g, 1.8oz) walnuts
- ½ cup (40g, 1.4oz) jumbo oats or rolled oats
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp. date sugar or birch xylitol
- 1 tbsp. carob powder
- 1 ½ tbsp. unsweetened plant milk
- 1 ½ cup (about 400g, 14oz) additive-free pumpkin puree (see tips)
- 400g (14oz) silken tofu
- ¼ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 2 tsps. cinnamon
- ½–1 tsp. turmeric (see tips)
- 1 tbsp. mesquite powder (see tips)
- 3 tbsps. date sugar or birch xylitol
- 1 tbsp. (20g, 0.7oz) additive-free peanut butter
- 2 tbsps. buckwheat flour (unroasted)
- 2 tbsps. psyllium husks or 12g, 0.4oz psyllium powder
- First, process walnuts with a pinch of salt until fine crumbs. Then, add the remaining crust ingredients and process again until the batter sticks together when squeezed between fingers.
- Next, press the crust batter into 6” (15 cm) or 6.3” (16 cm) spring form cake tin lined with parchment paper and bake at 190°C (375°F) for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- To make the filling, combine all ingredients in a bowl and process with immersion blender until smooth. You may also use regular blender.
- Now, pour filling onto crust, smooth it out with spatula or spoon and bake at 175°C (350°F) for 50 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.
One slice has 6.9 GL points.
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: ⅛ of the cake
- Calories: 158 kcal
- Sodium: 97.2mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 14.8g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Protein: 5.5g
Keywords: vegan pumpkin cheesecake