Surprisingly, one of the first recipes that came into my head was vegan chocolate mousse recipe using cauliflower puree as the main base. Now, in the first version I used quite a lot of plain soy yogurt as well, but it came out too runny. Hence, I decided to cut down the quantity of yogurt substantially and the result was just perfect.
- ⅓ heaped cup (90g, 3.2oz) cauliflower puree
- 1 tbsp. (15g, 0.5oz) plain soy yogurt
- 1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. (8g, 0.3oz) carob powder
- 1 ½ tsp. (8g, 0.3oz) cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsps. birch xylitol
- 1 tsp. psyllium husk or about 2g (0.07oz) psylllium husk powder
- 1 tsp. (5g, 0.18oz) additive-free peanut butter
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- First, to make cauliflower puree, pour a few centimetres (about an inch) of water into pot. Then, add cauliflower florets, bring to boil and simmer until soft (5-10 minutes). Next, puree cauliflower using immersion blender. If necessary, add some extra boiled water, just enough to be able to reach creamy consistency. For heartier result, add 2 tablespoons of coconut milk per bigger cauliflower head.
- Next, puree all ingredients with immersion blender until smooth and creamy.
One serving has 6 GL points.
I included 3 grams (0.1oz) of coconut milk into serving.
- Method: Blending
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 129 kcal
- Fat: 5.94g
- Carbohydrates: 7.68g
- Fiber: 8.62g
- Protein: 6.78g
Keywords: vegan chocolate mousse