Don’t be intimidated by the long list of ingredients – it is mainly the spices that make it so long! It really is a very simple pumpkin overnight oats recipe that anyone can manage to prepare.
Soak time: Overnight
- About 290g (10.2oz) of water, enough for desired consistency
- 20g (0.7oz) oat bran
- 20g (0.7oz) gluten-free oats or regular rolled oats
- 2 tsps. turmeric
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. carob powder
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp. cardamom
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- Dash of black pepper
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Stevia drops or xylitol to taste (see tips)
- 80g (2.8oz) pumpkin puree or finely grated pumpkin
- 30g (1.1oz) plain soy yogurt
- A splash (5g, 0.2oz) of coconut milk
- First, soak oat bran and rolled oats overnight in about 150 grams (5.3oz) of water.
- In the morning, pour the soaked grains (with the soak water) and grated pumpkin into small pot, add another 140g (4.9oz) of water and cook for 5 minutes whisking almost continuously. Add water gradually as the porridge thickens to regulate the consistency.
- Next, throw in all the spices, salt, sweetener, pepper and pumpkin puree (if you use puree) to the porridge. Mix well.
- Finally, top your porridge with yogurt and coconut milk. You may mix them in or leave on top, as you prefer.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PUREE
- First, cut pumpkin into smaller cubes and pour them into a pot or saucepan.
- Next, add a bit of water and simmer covered until the pumpkin is cooked (10-15 minutes). Add water if necessary.
- Finally, puree with immerse blender.
- In the end, should there be any leftovers, transfer it into jars and store in refrigerator.
One serving has 18.1 GL points.
- Method: Boiling
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 240.3 kcal
- Fat: 5.5g
- Carbohydrates: 43.1g
- Fiber: 12.3g
- Protein: 9.4g
Keywords: pumpkin overnight oats