Delicious and healthy vegan baked tofu cheesecake with purple sweet potato. Perfect for fall festivities!
Soak time: 4 hours
- ½ cup (45g, 1.6oz) walnuts, soak
- 1 tbsp. (16g, 0.6oz) peanut butter (without additives, see tips)
- ⅛ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp. carob powder
- 1 tsp. cacao powder
- 15g (0.5oz) gluten-free jumbo oats
- 15g (0.5oz) oat bran (see tips)
- 1 tsp. xylitol or erythritol (date sugar for Plantricious version)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsps. unsweetened plant milk
- Soak walnuts for at least 4 hours. Then rinse and drain.
- Add all crust ingredients in a small processor and process until homogeneous batter forms.
- Press the crust batter into 6” (15 cm) or 6.3” (16 cm) spring form cake tin and bake at 180°C (355°F) for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- While the crust is baking, peel purple sweet potato and cut into cubes. Next, steam for 7 minutes.
- In a blender or with immerse blender process all filling ingredients (except psyllium husk) until smooth. Now, blend in psyllium husk.
- Pour the filling onto crust and bake in 175°C (350°F) oven for 50 minutes until the cake’s surface starts to crack.
- Let the cake cool. It’d be ideal to let it sit in fridge for a couple of hours after it has cooled down.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: ⅛ of the recipe
- Calories: 165.7 kcal
- Sodium: 132.3mg
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrates: 14.2g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 7.9g
Keywords: tofu cheesecake