I have made tofu cheesecake before, both baked and no-bake version. This beautiful pink cake is actually a hybrid of my Vegan Baked Cheesecake and Vegan Tofu Cheesecake (see below under Related Posts).
Soak time: 4 hours
- ½ cup (45g, 1.6oz) walnuts, soak
- 1 tbsp. (20g, 0.7oz) peanut butter (without additives, see tips)
- ¼ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp. carob powder
- 1 tsp. cacao powder
- 15g (0.5oz) gluten-free jumbo oats
- 15g (0.5oz) oat bran (see tips)
- 1 tsp. xylitol
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsps. plant milk
- Soak walnuts for at least 4 hours. Then rinse and drain.
- Add all crust ingredients in a small processor and process until homogeneous batter forms.
- Press the crust batter into 6” (15 cm) or 6.3” (16 cm) spring form cake tin and bake at 180°C (355°F) for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- While the crust is baking, peel purple sweet potato and cut into cubes. Next, steam for 7 minutes.
- In a blender or with immerse blender process all filling ingredients (except psyllium husk) until smooth. Now, blend in psyllium husk.
- Pour the filling onto crust and bake in 175°C (350°F) oven for 50 minutes until the cake’s surface starts to crack.
- Let the cake cool. It’d be ideal to let it sit in fridge for a couple of hours after it has cooled down.
Garnish with berries and my Healthy Chocolate Sauce.
One slice has 5 GL points.
Nutritional info does not include garnishes.
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: ⅛ of the recipe
- Calories: 135 kcal
- Fat: 6.39g
- Carbohydrates: 8.41g
- Fiber: 2.61g
Keywords: tofu cheesecake