Simple and delicious oil-free vegan salad dressing made with oven-roasted eggplant, zucchini and carrot. Gluten-free and low glycemic.
- 2 small or 1 normal eggplant (about 600g, 21oz)
- 2 medium or 1 big summer squash (about 600g, 21oz)
- 1 medium carrot (about 100g, 3.5oz)
- 8 tbsps. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- Juice of one medium lemon (or less or more)
- 1 tbsp. unsalted peanut butter (optional)
- Black salt or Himalayan salt (max 1/8 tsp + a dash for Plantricious version)
- Black pepper to taste
- Enough water for desired consistency (I ended up adding 2 ½ cups)
- First, slice the veggies, lay them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 200°C (390°F) for 40 minutes. Let cool a bit.
- Next, add all ingredients into blender. Use a masher to push the mass down and get the juices out of veggies. Process the ingredients until smooth. Add water gradually.
If you ditched peanut butter you’d only get 10% of calories from fat.
One serving has 1.5 GL points.
- Method: Baking + Blending
- Serving Size: 1/10 of recipe
- Calories: 66 kcal
- Sodium: 59.9mg
- Fat: 1.6g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 5.8g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 4.7g
Keywords: vegan salad dressing, oil-free