I’ve been making my own versions of oil-free vegan salad dressing for a long time, but somehow haven’t posted any recipes yet. Well, to be totally honest there are a few – Oil-Free White Bean Salad Dressing from 2014, Gluten-Free Vegan Chanterelle Gravy from last week, and Spicy Oil-Free Tomato Sauce from 2015.
- 2 small or 1 normal eggplant (about 600g, 21oz)
- 2 medium or 1 big summer squash (about 600g, 21oz)
- 1 medium carrot (about 100g, 3.5oz)
- 8 tbsps. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- Juice of one medium lemon (or less or more)
- A few drops of stevia (optional)
- 1 tbsp. unsalted peanut butter (optional)
- Black salt and black pepper to taste
- Enough water for desired consistency (I ended up adding 2 ½ cups)
- First, slice the veggies, lay them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 200°C (390°F) for 40 minutes. Let cool a bit.
- Next, add all ingredients into blender. Use a masher to push the mass down and get the juices out of veggies. Process the ingredients until smooth. Add water gradually.
If you ditched peanut butter you’d only get 10% of calories from fat.
One serving has 1.5 GL points.
- Method: Baking + Blending
- Serving Size: 1/10 of recipe
- Calories: 47.8 kcal
- Fat: 1.21g
- Carbohydrates: 4.08g
- Fiber: 3.12g
- Protein: 3.6g
Keywords: vegan salad dressing, oil-free