I have a confession to make – I used agar-agar for jellying for the first time in this vegan tofu cheesecake recipe. Incredible, right?! So, I was actually quite scared whether I’d succeed.
- 70g (2.5oz, about 4 tbsps.) plain peanut butter
- ½ cup (35g) gluten-free jumbo oats
- 3 tbsps. plant milk
- ⅛ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 2 tsps. xylitol
- Combine all crust ingredients in a food processor. Scrape sides whenever necessary. It’s ready when the mixture sticks together.
- Press the crust mixture into 6” (15 cm) or 6.3” (16 cm) spring form cake tin and bake at 175°C (350°F) for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- In a blender or with immerse blender process all filling ingredients (except agar-agar and plant milk) until smooth.
- Mix agar-agar powder with cold plant milk and bring to boil. Stir continuously. Simmer and stir for 2 minutes. Let cool a bit.
- Stir agar-agar/milk mixture into the filling batter. Blend for a bit. Make sure agar-agar won’t stick to the walls of your container or dish. Scrape and blend again, if necessary. You need to be quick though, as it starts to firm up pretty quickly.
- Pour the filling onto crust and shake a bit. Cool your tofu cheesecake in fridge for 3 hours, decorate and serve.
- Method: Baking + Freezing
Keywords: vegan tofu cheesecake