My vegan blueberry beet muffins have been waiting very patiently to get up on the blog. I created this recipe already in the beginning of January, but only now have I had the chance to share it with you.
Soak time: 8 hours
- 60g (2.1oz) raw buckwheat, soak
- 35g (1.2oz) gluten-free jumbo oats
- 35g (1.2oz) oat bran
- ⅛ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 110g (3.9oz) plant milk (oat or brown rice)
- 40g (1.4oz) raw beetroot, cut into fine slices or small cubes
- 30g (1oz) wild blueberries (blend in)
- 2 tsps. baking powder (aluminium free)
- 1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. xylitol
- 2 tbsps. unsweetened apple sauce
- 40g (1.4oz) wild blueberries (add later)
- 6 sour cherries (add later)
- Soak buckwheat groats overnight, then rinse and drain.
- Heat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Put all ingredients, except the 40g of blueberries and cherries, into blender and blend into smooth batter.
- Finally mix in the 40g of blueberries.
- Divide the batter between 6 muffin forms. Press one cherry in the middle of each muffin.
- Bake in the middle rack for 33-34 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Method: Baking
Keywords: vegan blueberry beet muffins