Learn how to make vegan blueberry beet muffins that are oil-free, low fat, gluten-free, and refined sugar free.
Soak time: 6-8 hours
- 60g (2.1oz) raw buckwheat, soak
- 35g (1.2oz) gluten-free jumbo oats
- 35g (1.2oz) oat bran
- ⅛ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 110g (3.9oz) plant milk (oat or brown rice)
- 40g (1.4oz) raw beetroot, cut into fine slices or small cubes
- 30g (1oz) wild blueberries (blend in)
- 2 tsps. baking powder (aluminium free)
- 1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. xylitol
- 2 tbsps. unsweetened apple sauce
- 40g (1.4oz) wild blueberries
- 6 sour cherries
- Start by soaking buckwheat groats overnight or at least for 2 hours. Then rinse and drain.
- Now, preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Next, put all ingredients, except the 40g of blueberries and cherries, into blender and process until you have a homogeneous batter. You may also use an immersion blender.
- Now, mix in the 40g of blueberries.
- Then, divide the batter between 6 muffin forms and press one cherry in the middle of each muffin.
- Finally, bake in the middle rack for 33-34 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 33 minutes
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 101.6 kcal
- Sodium: 63mg
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 16.8g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: vegan blueberry beet muffins