Those tofu and beet pancakes have the sweetest colour making them a perfect Valentine’s Day treat.
- 150g (5.3oz) raw buckwheat groats, soaked
- 75g (2.6oz) millet groats, soaked
- 30g (1oz) chickpea flour
- 125g (4.4oz) hard plain tofu
- 450g (16oz) naturally sweet plant-based milk (oat or brown rice) or a mixture of water and milk
- 2 tbsps. wild blueberry juice or ¼ cup wild blueberries
- ½ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 40g (1.4oz) raw parsnip, cut into thin slices
- 2 small raw beetroots (about 90g, 3.2oz)
- Soak buckwheat and millet groats overnight. Rinse and drain.
- Add the rinsed groats along with other ingredients into blender and blend until smooth and homogeneous batter forms.
- Take a good quality non-toxic non-stick pan. Add a few drops of oil onto the pan and swipe it off with folded kitchen paper. Let all the oil absorb into the paper and use it to swipe the pan clean between pancakes.
- Put a ladleful of batter onto the pan and even it out with a spoon/ladle or by shaking and/or tilting the pan to get the exact shape of your pan bottom. The frying time greatly depends on your stove. I flip it around when it is almost dry on top and also check the colour of the bottom side.
- Method: Frying
Keywords: tofu; beet pancakes