I’ve wanted to share my everyday lunch with you for ages in the form of video and now I have finally done it. Just watch how easy and quick it is to prepare a healthy, nutritious and filling lunch – there is no rocket science or tons time or money needed.
- 1 tbsp. onion flakes
- 1 tsp. garlic flakes
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- Black pepper and Himalayan salt to taste
- 30g (1oz) potatoes, cut into cubes
- 30g (1oz) sweet potatoes, cut into cubes
- ½ can (120g, 3.6oz) boiled unsalted chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Splash of coconut milk (about 4g, 0.1oz)
- 120g (4.2oz) Romain lettuce, chopped
- 50g (1.8oz) chicory salad, chopped
- 80g (2.8oz) raw red cabbage, chopped
- 40g (1.4oz) raw parsnip, sliced
- 100g (3.5oz) raw turnip, coarsely grated
- 30g (1oz) avocado
- Green onions
- Fresh parsley
- Throw onion, garlic, turmeric, garam masala, potatoes and sweet potatoes into pot and mix well.
- Add chickpeas and mix again.
- Add enough water to barely cover the veggies. Bring to boil and simmer until potatoes are soft (5-8 minutes).
- Take potato masher or fork and mash the dahl until it has thickened to desired consistency. Add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour in a splash of coconut milk and mix again.
Arrange the raw veggies in a big bowl the way you want and pour chickpea dahl over them. Season with green onions and fresh parley and you are ready to go!
- Method: Mixing
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 394 kcal
- Fat: 10.9g
- Carbohydrates: 67.7g
- Protein: 16.4g
Keywords: salad with chickpea dahl