This is the sixth pancake recipe on my blog and they are green! I’m so happy about the colour – I just love when my food has a vibrant look rather than being beige, white or brown all the time. After all, it’s about eating a rainbow every day!
Soak time: 6 hours
- Soak buckwheat groats overnight or at least for 6 hours. Rinse and drain.
- Add the rinsed groats along with other ingredients into blender and blend until smooth and homogeneous batter forms.
- Taste and adjust by adding more spices/salt/sweetener if necessary.
- Take a good quality non-toxic non-stick pan. Add a few drops of oil onto the pan and swipe it off with folded kitchen paper. Let all the oil absorb into the paper and use it to swipe the pan clean between pancakes.
- Put a ladleful of batter onto the pan and even it out with a spoon/ladle or by shaking and/or tilting the pan to get the exact shape of your pan bottom. The frying time greatly depends on your stove. I flip it around when it is almost dry on top and also check the colour of the bottom side.
- Method: Frying
Keywords: siprulina-kale pancakes