This wondeful autumn flavoures spiced oat bran porridge leaves you happy and satiated and it has low glycemic load making it perfect for Candida diet.
- 300g (10.6oz) water
- 50g (1.8oz) plant-based milk (see tips)
- 40g (1.4oz) oat bran
- 1–2 tsps. turmeric (see tips)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. cardamom
- ⅛ tsp. ground clove
- dash of black pepper
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Stevia drops to taste (see tips)
- 80–100g (2.8-3.5oz) finely grated carrot (see tips)
- 100g (3.5oz) finely grated summer squash (see tips)
- Bring water to boil and whisk in oat bran. Simmer for 3 minutes whisking every now and then.
- Add plant-based milk and simmer for another 2 minutes. Cover with lid and set aside.
- Finely grate carrot and summer squash.
- Add all the spices, salt, sweetener and pepper to the porridge. Mix well and taste. It needs to be quite intense as the veggies will smooth it out.
- Mix in grated veggies. Keep mixing until all the ingredients are well incorporated. Taste and add salt/sweetener/spices if necessary.
- Method: Boiling
Keywords: spiced oat bran porridge