As I created these buckwheat-oat bran muffins for my Candida diet, they do not contain any fruits, refined grains or sugar, gluten and by my own choice also oil.
- 150g (5.3oz, 3⁄4 cup + 3 tbsps) raw dry buckwheat, soak
- 80g (3/4 cup + 1.5 tbsps., 2.8oz) oat bran
- ½ tbsp. sunflower seed butter
- ½ tbsp. sesame seed butter (tahini)
- 200g (7oz) almond milk
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 2 tsps. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger powder
- ¼ tsp. cardamom
- 3 tbsps. xylitol
- 2 tsps. baking powder (aluminium free)
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- 200g (7oz) zucchini, finely grated
- Soak buckwheat groats overnight, then rinse and drain.
- Heat oven to 175 C (350 F).
- Grate the zucchini finely.
- Put all ingredients, except zucchini, poppy seeds and baking powder, into blender and blend into smooth batter.
- Blend in the baking powder.
- Finally mix in poppy seeds and grated zucchini.
- Transfer the batter into muffin forms.
- Bake in the middle rack for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Method: Baking
Keywords: buckwheat-oat bran muffins